« Home | Christmas Eve - Thank you to my readers » | Our Fourth Meeting with Father (Fourth Sunday in A... » | Adoration » | Weekly Mass (Third Sunday in Advent) » | Sacrament of Reconciliation - my first confession » | Immaculate Conception » | A day to study (Second Sunday in Advent) » | Our third meeting with Father (First Sunday of Adv... » | Continuing my study » | My wife's new Rosary » 

Sunday, December 25, 2005 

Christmas


Christmas Eve found us at our new church home twice. We went to Mass at 5 pm with Lori's sister. This was the Mass for the children. Their choir sang and at one point in the Mass, Fr. K had all the children come forward to the alter to talk to them about the true meaning of Christmas. During this time, Santa Claus came in, walked up to the alter, and kneeled before the Christ child at the nativity scene. It was very beautiful and spiritual, and it gave a good message to the kids.

The church was packed. I've never seen it so full. This church is large, with pew space to seat 1,200 people, but I would guess that about 1,400 were there. It was standing room only, a sight to see.

After a Christmas Eve dinner and a movie, we returned to church by 11:30 for midnight Mass. The adult choir sang and the music was incredible. I love singing some of my favorite Christmas carols. I have noticed that Catholics aren't always big singers, but not at this Mass. The congregation sang well, especially Silent Night.

As I have said before, Lori and I always go up for a blessing during communion. Tonight, Father gave me a blessing and a pat on the shoulder, and said, "soon," referring to my upcoming confirmation and first communion, which can't come soon enough.

Merry Christmas

free hit counter javascript