« Home | Christmas » | Christmas Eve - Thank you to my readers » | Our Fourth Meeting with Father (Fourth Sunday in A... » | Adoration » | Weekly Mass (Third Sunday in Advent) » | Sacrament of Reconciliation - my first confession » | Immaculate Conception » | A day to study (Second Sunday in Advent) » | Our third meeting with Father (First Sunday of Adv... » | Continuing my study » 

Monday, January 02, 2006 

A new year begins, this time - we're Catholic

New Year's Eve was quiet for us. Personally, I'm not a big fan of it. But we did go out to see a movie. On New Year's Day, we were at 9:00 am Mass.

I spent much of the day reading and relaxing. I am now nearly finished reading the catechism - way ahead of schedule. I should finish my reading tomorrow. Actually, I have learned as much from internet sources as I have from reading the catechism. Reading both was necessary for me.

Since New Year's Day is on a Sunday, we had our men's group tonight. Ken and Tom are out of town, but Dale, Dan and I were there. Dale and I went to adoration afterward. We prayed a rosary together and I kept reading from my catechism.

We meet with Fr. K this coming Saturday. I look forward to it.

free hit counter javascript